Guidelines and Manuscript Preparation InformationThe CEC/ICMC 2009 paper submission will be completely electronic. All manuscripts will be uploaded to the PXP manuscript submission site, hosted by AIP. Our goal is to have all accepted papers to AIP no later than December 1, 2009. Publication is scheduled for March 2010.
- Anyone who will be presenting a plenary, invited and/or contributed oral, an/or poster presentation is strongly encouraged to submit (upload) their presentation as a manuscript to the PXP website no later than midnight, MST, on Monday, June 29, 2009.
- All manuscripts will be peer-reviewed for technical merit and for conformance to the standards of format and style laid out in the author instructions and the sample manuscript.
- If you are notified during this peer-review process that your manuscript is in need of technical and/or format and style changes, you are to make the necessary effort needed to complete those modifications and upload your revised manuscript to the PXP submission site within the specific time frame that is requested. The list of Technical Editors will be posted on the CEC/ICMC 2009 website.
- All corresponding authors (based on the abstract submission process) will be notified by email with login information to the PXP submission site. Do not create your own author account on the PXP submission site.
- The author instructions and sample manuscript are very specific in regards to format and style. Authors must ensure adherence to this style before submission. Manuscripts must be written in English and American spelling is preferred.
- Proceedings are not typeset. This is different from journal publications. AIP publishes the papers in the proceedings as they are received. AIP does not copy edit for spelling, grammar, or clarity, although AIP checks for more serious problems and may ask the Managing Editor for resolution. In other words, the published paper will appear mostly as you submitted it, so you should be extremely careful to ensure your paper meets all the requirements laid out and is as you want it to be.
- Unless special arrangements are made with AIP, all color figures will be converted to black-and-white. Check your figures carefully to avoid loss of information. Do not mention color in the figure caption.
- Papers are being reviewed for format shortly after they are submitted. Should the paper not meet the requirements outlined, the paper will not be accepted and the corresponding author will be notified.
- All papers will be made available for open online access after they have been accepted for publication.
- Authors should note that both "Advances in Cryogenic Engineering" and "Advances in Cryogenic Engineering (Materials)" are indexed by Thomson Scientific in the "ISI Proceedings" citation database. The same database is also part of Thomson Scientific's "Web of Knowledge/Science with Proceedings" citation database.
- Oral and poster manuscripts may be up to eight (8) pages including figures and references for submitted papers and up to ten (10) for invited (up to 20 (twenty) for plenary) papers without incurring charges for additional pages.
The additional page charge is US $150. Payment for additional page charges must be submitted to the publications room at the conference site no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 1, 2009.
- Word 2007 and the new Word docx format should not be used. Docx files will currently cause problems for existing preproduction and production routines.
- Latex Users: Unfortunately, we do not have a template available. Please follow the guidelines described in the author instructions (pdf) and the sample paper template (word). We apologize for the inconvenience.
- See additional information in the check list for successful conversion of uploaded source files.
We want to thank each of you in advance for the significant efforts you will make to help the publication be a great success.
Please contact the Managing Editor for any questions you may have:
Phone: (001) 303-499-2299
Fax: (001) 303-499-2599